Thursday, January 27, 2011

Diving into a New Semester

Classes start back for me today! This semester will be a bit of a marathon. 15 hours feels really tight, but it will be over in 4 months! In the meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear about whether or not I have an internship slot for next year.

What's in store this Spring??

Intercultural Counseling- how race, gender and sexuality, socioeconomic status, and culture factor into counseling.

Reading...

Dimensions of Multicultural Counseling: A Life Story Approach. Sara E Schwarzbaum and Anita Jones Thomas.

The Convergence of Race, Ethnicity, and Gender: Multiple Identities in Counseling. Tracy L. Robinson,

To Change the World: The Irony, Tragedy and Possibility of Christianity in the Late Modern World.

Career Counseling

Reading...

Career Development Interventions in the 21st Century, 3rd ed Niles/Harris-Bowlsbey

Psychological Disorders

Reading...

Abnormal Psychology, 11th ed. Sarason/Sarason

Understanding the Borderline Mother Lawson

Cross-Walks: ICD-10 / DSM-IV-TR Schulte-Markwort et al.

DSM-IV Desk Reference to Diagnostic Criteria

Handbook of Clinical Psychopharmacology For Therapists, 6th ed Preston

Crisis & Transition- Counseling children and in various life cycles, in times of crisis and change. (Boy do I feel like I'm a poster child for the transition process!)

Reading...

Lifespan Development, 5th ed. Boyd/Bee

Counseling Children 3rd edition Geldard

Group Dynamics- Group therapy

Reading...

Groups: Process and Practice, 8th Edition Corey, Corey and Corey

Theory & Practice of Group Psychotherapy, 5th ed. Yalom

Advanced Marriage & Family Counseling - A continuation of my FAVORITE class from last semester! I'm auditing this one... couldn't do 18 hours. Plus, as a full time student, right now I can audit it for free... Still not sure I have space for this in my schedule, but it's hard to pass up!

The Family Crucible Napier

Couples in Conflict: A Family Systems Approach to Marriage Counseling Ronald Richardson

Failure of Nerve Edwin Friedman

Anyone want to read along with me on any of these?? I love dialogue!!

No comments: