Monday, December 10, 2007

First Snow!

Those of you from the north may rightfully call us southerners wimps, but for me, this is serious winter! With consistent highs in the 30's and lows in the teens, this is as cold as it's ever been for me--Especially defining "south" as "on the equator" the last 2 years.

No, that's not true. The coldest I have ever been was my first winter in China, 1996. I was in a city south of the "government heat" line, and so there was no heat in the buildings at all. 40-50 degrees or so may not be that cold. But if it's 40 degrees inside and out, all day, then that's pretty darn cold. I bought a small room heater that glowed brighter orange than the sun! Kinda hard to sleep with it on.

OK, but I'm missing the point. It has been cold enough here to snow for the last few weeks, but we don't get much humidity. Today was the day! I don't have that many pics of Kathryn here because she was only out a short time on the way to school. But Ellie and I stayed out and played a bit longer. It's such a delight to watch a child play in her VERY FIRST SNOW!







































We happened across this snowman...

















And this snowlady...



















They fast became friends!



















Three cheers for snow!

No comments: