Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ellie & Aiyi

A couple of weeks ago we got a small set of Chinese children's books as a free gift along with some diapers I bought. Ellie seems fascinated with them and keeps asking me to read them, but (children's books though they may be), mommy cannot read them so well. So today I asked my helper (Aiyi) if she could read one to her. Ellie was fascinated! I couldn't believe her attention span. Does she understand them? I have no idea. But it made me feel that I'm so glad they have such a diversity of experiences here. I love the worldview they are gaining having to think through questions I didn't ask till after college. I love the variety of people from all over the world that they daily encounter. I love helping them think about people of other cultures who need to hear about Jesus. Of course there are many challenges to raising them here. But these are among the gems!

No comments: