Monday, April 19, 2010

FINALLY

FINALLY,
Bible.org has published my "Christ Our Treasure" Bible study on their website!

The idea began in seed form when I began this blog in May of 2006. Bring people to Jesus by looking at Jesus. A friend challenged me to take on this project and I wrote it's first draft and lead it with a group of women in the spring of 2007 while living in Singapore. After moving to China, another friend asked me to lead it again in the fall of 2007, which allowed me another revision. And then it really went to the editing table! In the Spring of 2008 I attended a writing conference and got the help of my writing mentor friend Sandi. In the Fall of 2008, I submitted it to a publisher who really liked it but told me I would have to send him 5 more if I wanted him to consider publishing it. Since that wasn't going to happen, Sandi suggested I contact bible.org. Though I was excited about learning about the traditional publishing journey, I also wanted to keep it FREE and available, so I love the bible.org route! They told me they would publish it in Jan of '09. And then I believe it became, "lost in the que." I waited. I asked. Yes, yes, it's coming. I waited. I asked. Yes, REALLY, it's coming (repeat, repeat, repeat)... but now it's there! Here's the link!

http://bible.org/series/christ-our-treasure-exploring-his-beauty-epistles


To all of those who walked the journey with me, made editing suggestions, told me honestly "that doesn't make sense!", encouraged me to pursue it, prayed for it, etc... thank you, thank you, thank you!

“And we all, with unveiled faces reflecting the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another, which is from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”

2 comments:

Stephaniei N. said...

Congratulations, Tracie!!!!!
I'm so proud of you and excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Finally... Congrats, honey!

Love, J