Friday, November 02, 2007

Can it really be November?

It feels cold enough to be! Yesterday we pulled out the long underwear, turtlenecks, gloves, mittens, scarves and winter coats. None too soon! Even with all our thick gear, it felt we could only stand to stay outside yesterday for about 30 minutes. If this is November 1st, I think we're in for a long winter! A few updates from the week:

--About an hour after the previous post, we got one last phone call from our friends saying that the airline had decided to send the flight after all! Our friends arrived, harried and exhausted, but arrived nonetheless, about midnight. So I got my Sat. morning coffee date! Thanks, Lord!

--One interesting development this week. I told you about Kathryn's strange rash that the doctor last Friday diagnosed as hives. They didn't appear all weekend and I assumed they were over. But first thing Monday morning, she broke out again on her feet, hands, and tummy. WHAT in the world is going on?? Then it hit me--how didn't I see it before? All of these incidents occur right before we send her to school! Could she possibly be having some kind of stress reaction to school? Tuesday morning seemed to confirm our suspicions. So we solved the mysterious hives, but again feel the need to re-evaluate sending Kathryn to school!

--But not to despair-- I heard that the school offered ballet classes on Wed. and Friday mornings, and today K & I went to observe. I am hoping that this will make her feel excited about going to school. We'll see... It's funny to see ballet with Chinese expressions... I suppose it is universal!

I'll try to post some fun pictures from our Fall Festival party tomorrow...

No comments: