Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ants & Early Bedtimes

We have an ant problem. Just the little pesky sugar ants. I thought that the winter would solve it, but we have created a warm haven for them now I believe. When I wake up, they are swimming in my water glass from the night before. When I fill my glass, they are having a party on our water dispenser. I find them on my computer and in my clothes drawers. In the medicine cabinet. In the last week I have twice feverishly shed our pantry of every box and can to find where the ant trail was leading. I have learned a few things about what ants like.

-They like water. Already said that.
-They like tuna.
-They like taco meat.
-They like spaghetti sauce.
-They like brown sugar, but not powdered sugar.
-They don't like sugar crystals, but do like moist granulated sugar
-They like pancake mix
-They like honey nut cheerios
-They like children's cough syrup
-They can eat through ziplock bags
-If you leave a chocolate candy out without having touched it, they won't bother it. But if you
have taken one bite, they are all over it.
-If you don't have bug spray, Mr. Clean will also kill them on the spot, and leave a fresh lemony
scent.
-These are only the highlights but I would be happy to share more of my ant wisdom if you are
interested.

Anyone know how to send our ant friends packing?

As for our week, we've made it to Sunday night! I am over my sinus infection and the girls are also not sick. I do have a confession. We got home late from church-- Ellie missed her nap and Kathryn seemed really fussy and tired (and mom, equally so.) And since the sun goes down at 5 here, it affords you some parental advantages if you need them. The kids were out by 6pm and I have enjoyed a nice quiet evening to myself!

No comments: