Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Discipleship 101

This morning Ellie and I had an enlightening conversation:

"Ellie, who is Jesus?"
"He is a mommy." (Is this a compliment, or an indictment??)
"No, He's God, right?"
"Oh, yes!"
"Ellie, where does Jesus live?"
"I don't know. But He's ALIVE, mommy, He's ALIVE!"
"What do you think Jesus is doing now?"
"He's...he's...he's WORKING."
"What is He working on?"
"He's working on shoulders and toes."
"Does Jesus help Ellie?"
"Oh, yes, he helps me SO much."
"Ellie, what does Jesus help you do?"
"He helps me brush my teeth REAL good!"

Aside from the chuckle, I thought, You'd better ask your disciples every once and a while what they believe. Or you may say "Jesus", and they think you are talking about a mother that helps you brush your teeth!

No comments: