Friday, October 26, 2007

More Intruding Fingers (see previous entry reference)

Today our doctor quickly returned my email with a phone call and asked me to bring Kathryn in to see her again. When I took her in, she said that Kathryn just has hives, possibly spurred on by?? a virus? stress? her mother? This was great news! So our guests need not be turned away from our home...

...But our guests are not able to come. Boo hoo! We have swapped no less than 30 SMS's between us as their plane was delayed over and over and over... and finally canceled. They waited at the gate for 7 hours, and on the plane for 3 hours, (with a 3 year old and 4 month old) before the airline delivered the bad news and sent them home. A thick fog, such as I've never seen here, is blanketing the city...I cannot see across the road to the building next door. Why today of all days? Most of all, I'm bummed that my morning coffee shop date is canceled.

But not to be all grim, I must share a Kathryn quotable for the day...

"Mommy, when you ask me to clean my room, it hurts my f-e-e-l-i-n-g-s."
(When you read that, make sure you say it outloud with a dramatic and sorrowful frown.)

At least the day has not been without humor.

No comments: