Monday, June 21, 2010

Goodbye to China #10

The girls also had their very own goodbye gathering-- an ice cream party! We swarmed the downstairs xiao mai bu (like a 7-11 without slurpees) as the local store owners gawked at the large gathering of mostly foreigners.
































The big kids enjoyed popsicles (how do you spell that word?) too...












Jim with Eric & BJ














The whole Newcomb family, with grandma Newcomb too





























































K has been especially sad these last few days... She said "Mom, when I have to stay here, I want to leave, but when we have to leave, I'm so sad we can't stay... It guess it would be good if I could learn to be happy where I am."

Ain't that the truth??!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

What great pictures, and what wise words from K. If only we could learn that as adults!! Love and miss you already!