Friday, June 11, 2010

We're Moving!

I have waited many weeks to announce this on the blog-- (and probably all my readers already know this, but anyhow)-- We are moving back to the US!

After 14 years of focus on Asia, Jim & I are beginning a new journey in Saint Louis! I will begin a counseling program, and Jim will be applying to a PhD program. We've had further studies on our hearts for many years, but after the answering of many specific prayer requests, we believe the time is now!

These last few weeks since returning from LEAF have been filled with all the chaos of an international move...

We made the executive decision to only ship our clothes, books, toys, the piano and Jim's guitars. EVERYTHING ELSE MUST GO! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every other piece of furniture and every scrap of paper and every paper clip in every drawer must be culled through. There are 5 categories that every item in our home must be sorted into:

SHIP, PACK, GIVE AWAY, SELL, or TRASH.

This is the physical part of goodbye. But the emotional part is much trickier-- not only am I navigating my own emotions, but this is the first move that the girls really need help with this too!

Please pray for us!

So here I will begin posting pictures of some of the many goodbye moments we have shared over these recent weeks...

No comments: