Friday, June 18, 2010

Goodbye to China #5

Goodbye to date night in China... there are some fabulous restaurants that we will miss!

1st and probably #1 in our book is Taiyro. It's a Japanese Teppanyaki place. I didn't think of taking pics at the most exciting times during the cooking process, but the flamboyant chef is a big part of the experience. My thought about this pic though is-- momma looks so tired!







































Here is another favorite place... I don't even know what it's called, but it's about sushi! I used to hate sushi and was a totally wasted ticket at a place like Tokyo One in Dallas, but now I really love it... especially the wasabi!




















This third place is called Hutong Pizza. A "hutong" is a traditional preserved Chinese neighborhood... tiny alleyways and outer courtyards leading to inner rooms. Many of them have been restored into businesses, like this one we think has the yummiest pizza in town!




















I took several pics of the nearby architecture...



















The "drum tower" which was closed, so I could only take a picture from a distance.































But can I confess-- just so you know we're a normal human couple-- that this night we went to Hutong Pizza we got in a huge fight?? So I've added more than just traditional Chinese memories to our favorite pizza place... Ah, the joys of transition stress.

No comments: