Sunday, June 20, 2010

Goodbye to China #8
















Robyn & JJ are 2 very special ladies who I'm so sad to say goodbye to. This past year we have been in a small group together. As I returned from LEAD last summer and was processing my own journey, I desired a more intimate group setting where I could process the ins and outs of my heart and story. Robyn & JJ expressed interest in the same scenario, and our little group was born. We met every other week with our friend Iris who is a delightful friend and mentor who won't let you get away with an unengaged heart, and I was challenged, encouraged and nurtured by her and these special friends.

JJ is passionate friend who hungers to be living freely from the heart. She is a great mom-- Noah (5), Ian (4), and 'little' Ellie (2)! I had so admired her expressions of love for her husband and children, as well as her vulnerable struggle in the midst of heartache. I will so miss our intimate conversations JJ!

Robyn is a brave friend who came to China with her 2 young children, sight unseen! New to China, new to the language, new to homeschooling, and all at once-- that takes guts!! I have also really enjoyed walking the journey of pregnancy and the birth of their third child this year. Little Emma is 2 months old now :) And, Robyn is just a lot of fun! Robyn, I will so miss our coffee dates, pedicures, sharing silly stories, and heartfelt tears:)

This picture was taken on Christmas Eve... we snapped a quick pic before heading to the ER for the nasty gash on my finger which I'm holding behind my back. Another fun feature in this pic is Robyn's lovely growing belly...

May His greatest blessings and joys continue to pour out upon you & your families, dear ones!

No comments: