Sunday, July 04, 2010

Goodbye to China #11

I'm back after 2 weeks of serious transition-- we left China the day after the last post, and it feels we have been gone already a LONG time! But I wasn't finished with the China goodbyes...

This post is for my dear friend Amy who came to spend the weekend with me 2 weeks before we left. Amy & I have been friends since our sophomore year in college, and the Lord has continued to weave our paths together in more ways than we could have expected. Never in the same city in China, but always taking every opportunity for a weekend rendezvous as only living in China could allow! In the early days before secure email, we passed long letters back and forth whenever anyone was traveling between cities, grateful to spill with a dear friend who was NOT in our own immediate situation. I can't count the number of times we have traveled to see each other. Saying goodbye to her wasn't really saying goodbye, because distance between cities, countries, miles & time zones has never impeded our friendship! I love you sweet friend!

No comments: