Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On the Road of Transition

Today we became somewhat official home owners-- in Saint Louis, Sandi! :)-- we can't back out, but we haven't closed. I am cautiously excited... writing the largest check of your life has a way of sobering you.

In the midst of our chaotic transition, I've at moments thought of engaged and meaningful posts that have never made it on the blog.

-There's the "I'm losing my mind" post,

-and the "what the *bleep*! have we done?" post,

-and then the "trauma in the shoe store" post...

-finally, not to be outdone, the "my children are surely going to have to see a counselor one day for THIS" post.

But I digress.

The fact remains that we walk, run, hurl ourselves headlong into the unknown with bits of faith, and fear, and anxiety, trust (and as of today, home ownership!) all mixed into one big ball.

We've enjoyed processing the last two days with other families who have also recently moved to the US from overseas. There is enormous comfort in knowing, we aren't the only insane ones out there.

Glorious!

No comments: