Sunday, January 31, 2010

Could Always Be Worse

My husband says this background is a little "busy."  But I think it's bright and cheery and warm, and that's what we're imaging here.  It really has been a sunny week for which I am grateful! But while you are looking out the window, the indoor heat gives you the impression that Spring is right around the corner... which is not quite the case. So last week the girls and I decided it would be encouraging to learn about all the places that are MUCH colder than here.  Maybe you'd like to know...

In Vladivostok, Russia, it is 11 degrees F.

In Yellowknife, (Northern Territories Canada), is -29.

In Oslo, Norway, it's 3.

In Stockholm, Sweden, it's 4.

In Novosibirsk, Russia, it's -8.

In Nanavut, it's -35. 

In Mermansk, it's -4.

In Nico, Antartica, it's -27.

There, doesn't that make you feel better?
I'll probably lose the backdrop after a few days but for now, I'm imagining the tropical vacation...

1 comment:

Gina Marie said...

And in my hometown last week it was -11. People keep saying BJ is cold, but I have to say it's not what it could be! Yesterday was gorgeous - we enjoyed some time at the park. And what a beautiful day for a wedding Saturday! It'll only get better from here. That is, until they turn the heat off! :)