Saturday, December 20, 2008

Please Vote!

Today was a historic day. Today I bundled up with 2 pairs of socks (1 wool), my fleece lined jeans and silk skins, two more layers on top plus a wool sweater, scarf and two pairs of gloves. I spent the day outdoors. The high was 32 degrees. I'm from Texas, ya'll. That's cold!

WHY would I subject myself to this?
For 3+ years since we moved back to Asia after living in Dallas, I have been looking for something to hang on the large blank wall above the couch in our living room. The big blank wall followed us from Singapore to China. During our team’s New Year’s party in 2007, I vowed that by New Year’s of 2008, I would have that picture.

Today, I found it at the "dirt market"...well, I found them. It wasn’t what I thought I’d buy. But you know how that goes. I bought 2 groups of 3 paintings, and I would love your opinion. My husband is making strides in willingness to engage in conversations involving colors. However, I do need some additional opinions! (Unless you really don't like either and then I don't want to know :)


This set?















Or this one?

4 comments:

Gina Marie said...

I love them both but I'm partial to the second set.

Weren't you hot in all that clothing? :) 32 sounds pretty balmy for wintertime. We're in the middle of a massive snowstorm, although it's not too cold (about 20).

I miss the dirt market!

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

I vote for the 2nd set. :)

In 1st, colors are varied and beautiful but in the 2nd, colors are more unified.

In 1st, images feel static (i.e. they're peaceful/lovely but they are just there).

Whereas in the 2nd, even though they just show doors, there's movement! (i.e. I feel like the doors are inviting the onlooker to walk closer; wonder what's on the other side; and come in. The doors symbolize hospitality and openness).

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

The 1st set would still be great though in a study or bedroom! Perhaps even in a vertical arrangement.

Your bundling up, by the way, is hilariously cute. It'll be a high of 6 degrees F tomorrow in Minnesota.

Gina Marie said...

Hey Tracie - the temp here was -11 when I woke up. With the wind chill it was -31. I agree 15 is cold but I'd take it right now!