Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Joy Nugget #1: Why Joy?

Why pick this "fruit"? Well, I would argue that it's the one we're most after. Christians and non-Christians alike. Of course, we are on lots of different paths to get there, but we all want joy.

Piper once said, "Joy is the deepest expression of God's value. The spontaneous response of rejoicing is the most authentic testimony to what you treasure." After giving a stirring treatise, he plainly responded, "I so want to be that way."

Do you? Me too.

1. It's about "my" joy...we are hungry for what we often lack.

2. It's about "their" joy...our joy shows what we treasure. Is Christ real? Does He change lives? Is He my treasure? My joy (or lack of it) is a commentary to the world.

3. It's about "our" joy...we need each other on the path and we don't travel best alone. We have much to gain as we seek to learn from the joy of one another.

4. It's about "His" joy... He delights when we rejoice in Him!

No comments: