Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Food for the Soul

Has it really been a week since I last posted? I have realized this week (if not before) that writing takes margin. Or at least reflective writing does. And there just hasn't been margin lately.

But as of yesterday, I've finished writing a study on "joy" I've joined in with some women here. We have one more time to meet, but the writing is finished (the first draft at least) and that is the most time-consuming part. I have really en"joy"ed and learned much, and I'm also looking forward to a break from the intensity of a major project for awhile.

Here is a great quote that I put at the top of our final study:
“…That which gives true enjoyment is the aspect of faith wherein Christ, by holy taste, is received into us, and made, by inward and spiritual apprehension of His sweetness and preciousness, to be the food of our souls. It is then we sit "under His shadow with great delight," and find His fruit sweet to our taste.” --Charles Spurgeon

Is Christ the food of your soul? This season, we are often consumed with food, yes... buying it, preparing it, serving it... What if, this holiday season, (in addition to all the yummy treats, of course) we took time to acquire, prepare, and serve up food for our guests souls?

No comments: