Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Milk Mania

Thanks for those of you who have expressed concerns about our dairy awareness here in China :) Yes, it does seem there is a daily new announcement about even more tainted products! I certainly never thought that Oreo cookies had any milk in them. (No worries, US Oreo lovers--just our version here, apparently.) Thankfully, we don't use any of the milks that have thus been suspect... but I stopped buying Chinese dairy just in case. I have bought a French UHT milk for Ellie (allergy issues) since we moved here, so we'll stay with that for awhile. Let me say...as a milk lover and connesieur, it's not a drink-with-cookies kind of milk. But if it doesn't have toxic chemicals, it will do.

1 comment:

Gina Marie said...

I read an article in the Straits Times that said the level of bad stuff in some of these products is actually quite low. It would take the average person eating or drinking massive amounts of some of them to have any significant impact on their health. Not that I'm going to keep using them (can't anyway because Singapore's pulled it all off the shelves) but I was surprised that for once the media was shooting straight and not playing on the fear factor.