Saturday, October 25, 2008

Magical Pill Bottle

Both of the girls take Singulair before they go to bed, and today we finished off the bottle. I've told Kathryn before that medicine bottles are made in such a way that only mommies and daddies can open them. Tonight when the bottle was empty, Kathryn asked if they could have it for their "play doctor" collection.

"Wow, mom--I got it open! That's really like magic--as soon as all the pills are gone, then kids can open it!"

Then we played doctor for awhile.

Ellie said, "OK, momma. I'll be the momma, and you be the darling." But when it was time to give me the medicine, she couldn't get the bottle open.

"Momma, Can you open it?"
"But Ellie, you're the momma, and I'm the darling, remember?"
"Yes, but I need you to be the momma for a minute. And then you can be the darling again, ok?"

That's my little darling! :)

No comments: