Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Reflections

A Disclaimer for the post below:
I am all for language learning! I have invested years in the Chinese language, and my children attend local Chinese pre-school. But on that long and arduous road to fluency, you must find things to laugh about!

In 3 days, we will leave for 5 weeks in the US. Though we have many reasons we want to go, we are also being "kicked out" due to visa restrictions surrounding the Olympics.

Over the summer I have been reflecting on looking for Christ in the daily rhythms of life. As a mom of young children, I don't usually have extended times with the Lord. Currently out of the baby phase, the ability to study and reflect is growing, yet I still find my heart plenty distracted by the sundry details of family life and living cross-culturally.

So when I say "looking for Christ in the daily-ness of life", it's something I feel I'm not great at doing. Despite this, I wrote a series of devos this summer as an attempt. Efforts at seeing His light shed upon the daily conversations and happenings of my mom-of-young-kids-in-China world. Eventually (and about the time the girls finished Chinese pre-school, and thus my "free time" was again swallowed up), I decided to give up on this task for now. But I though I might post them anyhow. Maybe when I get better at it, they would turn into a book of some kind and really bless people. But for now, I'm content with experimenting and growing a bit more myself! :)

Look for my first one above. I welcome your comments, edits, and wisdom!

No comments: