Saturday, July 19, 2008

From the Mouths...

It's not that I sit around with a pad of paper waiting for my kids to say something funny. But it seems this week, there have been more 'quotables' than normal! :)

Quote #1
A few nights ago I gave Kathryn an alarm clock and told her to keep in on her dresser. Instead she put it by her bed, accidentally pushing some buttons, and reset the clock. I had just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to set the clock, so I was pretty frustrated and snapped at her. The next day I felt I should apologize so I told her, "K, I'm sorry, I was frustrated the clock got reset but mommy shouldn't have spoken harshly to you. Will you forgive me?"

"Well, mommy, don't you think there is another time you should apologize for yesterday?"

Quote #2
The other day I was asking Ellie if she wanted to start "school with mommy" in the Fall. (Not talking about formal schooling here, just purposefully teaching her the things I had already taught Kathryn by her age!) She said "no". Kathryn encouraged her, "Hey, Ellie, it's FUN! You get to spend special time with mommy and read fun books!" Ellie remained firm-- "no!" So I asked her, "Ellie, why don't you want to start school with mommy?"

"Because I do NOT want to turn into Kathryn!"

Quote #3
Tonight when I put the girls to bed, there was a goodie bag from a friend's party sitting on the dresser. When I turned to the leave the room, K said,

"Mommy, take that bag with you! There's temptation in there!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious! What a joy!