Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Same Kind of Different As Me

Yes, our internet connection is as slow as molasses. So I am totally demotivated from spending my time waiting online. But I'll try to post once a week...

Another book I have to mention--Same Kind of Different As Me. You probably have heard of it and already read it yourself, but you know these things are a little slower to cross the ocean. A friend brought us this book as a gift a few weeks ago. You know how people say, "I couldn't put that book down!"--I've never been this kind of person. But really--I couldn't. It is one of the most well written books I have read in a long time. It's an amazing heart-engaging story about the relationship between a wealthy art dealer and a homeless man. Fabulous. Finish it in a day if you have a lazy Saturday. Maybe its just because I went to TCU, (and so did the author, thus the setting for the book), but his vivid descriptions came alive. Laughed out loud. Wept. Put it on your summer reading list!

No comments: