Saturday, July 26, 2008

I.O.U.S.

I recently heard someone share a 4 sentence prayer that I found so insightful (or at least it hits a bullseye for my heart) that I thought you might enjoy it too. The first letter of each of these verses from Psalms form the acrostic I.O.U.S., so I can actually remember it. It seems to hit so many of the things I tend to struggle with...maybe you too?

Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain. Psalms 119:36
Yes, Lord, help me to love your Word!

Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Thy Law. Ps 119:18
Lord, if you would not give me your eyes, I would miss all your treasures there!

Unite my heart to fear your name. Psalms 86:11
Teach me to gather my infinitely distracted heart to worship you!

(Here's the best one!)
Satisfy us in the morning with your lovingkindess, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalms 90:14
Lord, let me know a depth of your love that causes me to break forth in joyful song!

No comments: