Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Terrible Snake

We have a guest in our home this week and so Ellie's nap time pack n play is in our bedroom. I kept waiting for her to fall asleep so I could go in the bedroom, but she never did and at 3:30 I finally decided to set her free. When I went in the room, I said,

"Ellie, what are you doing?"
"Not sleeping". (pretty accurate, I felt)
"Why not?"
"Mommy, there's a terrible snake under your bed."
"Really? Where is he?"
"Right here, under your bed."
"I don't see him, Ellie. You show me."
"You get me out, mommy. I'll show you."

I turned on the light and we bent down together to look under the bed.

"Hmmm...He's not there now mommy. I bet he went out there. Come! We'll find him."

We trudged into the living room with our detective hats on, and walked around on hands and knees searching for his mysterious whereabouts.

"He's gone mommy. He's really gone. I don't know WHERE he went. But let's go play!"

Hoodlywinked by a two year old!

No comments: