Sunday, January 13, 2008

"I Don't Like It"

As is typical with many 'babies of the family', Ellie has grown accustomed to, at times, whining and groaning as a preferred means of communication. Though she is just 2 and we often cut her a break, I've been trying to teach her lately to identify and tell me how she feels about things. We've particularly zoned in on the phrase "I don't like it."

She has taken quite fondly to saying this, yet was VERY disappointed to discover that it doesn't get her what she wanted. If I could only add a sound clip so you could hear her say it. It is defiant, but at the same time sounds so CUTE that it just makes you want to giggle. Just put on a sad pouty face and you can get the gist...

Ellie, clean up your game... "I don't like it."
Ellie, eat your broccoli..."I don't like it."















On a related note, yesterday I decided to see if Ellie's hair had grown long enough for piggy tales. From a completely objective standpoint, she looked absolutely adorable. She was so proud of them she flitted about the house for an hour swinging her head from side to side and smiling at herself in the mirror. But unexpectedly, mommy put on a pouty face and said "I don't like it." A baby with hair long enough for pig tales...well, that's not a baby any more :(


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

meh said...

Oh, you are so right. Pig tails do put you into a different stage don't they! She is cute as pie in them though!!

Anonymous said...

tracie, I can totally relate...I put pigtails on Paris this week, too, and had some similar thoughts!She looked so cutie and even Sarah loved them & requested them for her sister the next day.