Sunday, September 23, 2007

My New Life in China: Kathryn's Photo Journal Entry 4: MY NEW SCHOOL

I want to tell you about my new school. Here is the front door. At my school, my teachers speak Chinese. My teacher is very nice, but I don't understand her very well yet. Mommy says to keep trying, and after awhile, I will.
















Here I am at school! I have a pretty Hello Kitty backpack.














Here is my teacher, Hu laoshi. She gives me a hug every morning!



















Here is the back of my school. That is the flag of China, because my school is in China.














Every morning after we come to school, we go outside for morning exercises. Our teachers stand in front and we dance to silly songs. It is fun!















We all dance and jump around!















I have been for 3 weeks now, and I'm not sure if I like it. It is hard to speak Chinese, and I don't know if I want to keep going. So mommy says I can ask you to pray for me, that I can learn Chinese and make some fun friends too!

Love, Kathryn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Kathryn, the Colgans will be praying for you as you attend your beautiful Chinese school. It looks super fun! We will ask our most Gracious God for precious friends for you to enjoy and speak Chinese with. May our Lord grant you His wisdom and patience as you wait for Him to help you learn a new language and make new friends. We are SO proud of you!!! You are a brave, fun girl whom many would love for a friend! We can't wait to hear more about your school, what you learn and what is fun for you in your new country! love, the Colgans

Anonymous said...

Starting school is hard enough when you know the language, so I can't imagine how difficult school is when there is a language barrier. I will be praying for Kathryn and for you, Tracie, because I know it is hard to see your daughter struggle. I hope you are able to enjoy this extra time with Ellie - I'm sure she likes having you to herself!

Tracie said...

Wendy, thanks for your sweet words for her. She thought it was very fun someone wrote a message for her. My email recently has been returned. Do you have a new address?