Monday, August 16, 2010

Settling In...

I haven't quit on the blog!

Profound and meditative thoughts have been at an all-time low in our transition, but don't give up on me-- at least I'm about to have access to other people's great thoughts as soon as I start my program!

On the picture front-- But the camera/PC cord hasn't turned up in the unpacking, so I'm stuck on getting summer pictures onto the blog until that is found :(

Bullet point update:

-Girls start school tomorrow! They are so excited. Mommy is too. I think this is going to be a great year for them!

-China shipment to arrive on Wednesday! Yeah for the final influx of unpacking!

-Mommy's school starts next week. According to the girls, all I need is a pink backpack and a cool lunch bag, and I'm ready to go :) Ordered my books online tonight... Factoid: in 10 out of 15 textbooks, Amazon was cheaper than the seminary's bookstore.

-Ellie had an "asthma event" over the weekend-- Not willing to say she has asthma, but we ended up in a pediatric clinic with breathing treatments and came home with a nebulizer for more. Prednisone and the whole bit. She's getting better... unfortunately her family history is stacked against her!

-Yeah for the public library! This place is awesome. Of all the places I missed having in Asia, I'm probably most excited about access to the library. I love finding great children's literature-- Reading books to the girls is one of my favorite things in the world!

OK... more to come when I find the camera cord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So thankful to hear that you are settling in and getting into a schedule soon. I think the girls are going to love school and so will you! Miss you guys! Michi