Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quote for the Day

So much packed in these few sentences...

"Your story has power in your own life, and it has power and meaning to bring to others.  I want your story to stir me, draw me to tears, compel me to ask hard questions. I want to enter your heartache and join you in the hope of redemption.  But your story can't do these things if you can't tell it.  You can't tell your story until you know it.  And you can't truly know it without owning your part in writing it.  And you won't write a really glorious story until your've wrestled with the Author who has written long chapters of your life, many of them not to your liking...If we come to know our story and then give it away, we will discover the deepest meaning in our lives. We will discover the Author who is embedded in our story, and we will know the glory he has designed for each one of us to reveal." --Dan Allender in To Be Told

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Love it! I need to read this book. BJ read it and got a lot out of it. Great quote!

Gina Marie said...

Beautiful! I'm such a Dan Allender fan. I just put that book on my Christmas list.