Sunday, November 22, 2009

Glad That's Over

Sometimes I look at my life and think--what we do, the kind of life we live-- it's just not normal! :)  What kind of mom takes her kids to another country for the day? Saturday I took the girls to Korea to renew our visas.  I had been dreading this trip for quite some time.  Since Jim is in the US, his visa will be renewed there. But ours expired yesterday.  Or so I thought. The night before our trip I realized I had miscalculated the 90 days, and it actually expired on Friday.  The worst case scenario I could imagine was that they would cancel my visa and require me to apply for another one in Korea... which would take days.  A fine, a signed confession I can handle.  But an unplanned stay in Seoul with the girls by myself... I was freaking out a bit.

Thankfully that's not the kind of faith God asked of me yesterday.  Albiet a long and exhausting day, the most traumatic event was the loss of Kathryn's new purple Barbie tumbler.  He even provided another mom I know who was making the same trip by herself with her kids too!  For the 6 hours in the Seoul airport between flights, the kids were fairly self-entertaining. Thank you Lord for your care for us!

My favorite quote from our trip:

Kathryn, angrily: "Mom, these crayons should be labeled undurable, undisciplined, and uncooperative!"

2 comments:

Peter Davidson said...

Hello Tracie, You have a very interesting blog here! You may also appreciate the many testimonies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com. God bless.

Robyn said...

Thanks for sharing. So glad your trip went well. I LOVE Kathryn's quote of the day. Awesome! She has a great vocabulary!