Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A Good Laugh

This entry is stolen from my friend Marie @ bidingmytime, but I needed a good laugh. Despite my admitted joy at sending my children back to Chinese school in the mornings this week, it still hasn't happened. K woke up with 103 fever on Monday. E held out till 2 hours before her birthday party yesterday, which we've canceled till Friday. The last 2 mornings Jim and I have woken up, fed the girls breakfast & put on a movie so we can go back to bed...and then repeated this again in the afternoon. But all of this feels like de ja vu... We just did this 2 weeks ago with a stomach flu bug! So you see, I needed a laugh...

...When asked to draw a picture of what they wanted to be when they grew up, second-grader "Sarah" turned in the lovely drawing shown below. Needless to say, the teacher was a bit surprised -- Mrs. Smith had always seemed like such a conservative woman. So she sent a note home to the girl's mother asking for clarification as to the picture's meaning. (read Mom's reply below the picture)




Here's the reply the teacher received the following day:

Dear Mrs. Jones,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith

2 comments:

Lee Family said...

Ugh, sorry that you guys are all sick. I feel like this past month all we've been doing as a family is fighting off colds and stomach viruses too.. Love the picture and story. Hilarious! Roberta

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh! I am dying laughing-that is such a good one:) Julia H.