Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Dreamed I went to the Synergy Conference

This morning I sat up in a dreamy state and realized that I had just been to the Synergy conference in my sleep. In my subliminal desire to go, ( since I can't go this year) I thought I'd offer a little advertisement. If you are a woman looking for development and guidance along your ministry journey, attending this event would definitely be worth your time. This year's conference is March 6-8.

Last year, at the encouragement of my hubby, I went from China for the weekend. There were moments in the 8 hour layover between San Fransisco and Orlando that I questioned my sanity. But--It was simply the best women's conference I've ever attended...and I've been to some conferences! Started by Carolyn Custis James of the Whitby Forum, it is designed to develop, empower, and connect Christian women leaders. Aside from the excellent plenary session speakers (this year features Alice Matthews, professor at Gordon Conwell Seminary; and Lauren Winner, author of Girl Meets God and professor of Christian Spirituality at Duke) you will find quality development workshops in the areas of writing, academic interests, and leadership. Here are a few of this year's workshops:

-Writing the Spritiual Memoir
-Speed Editing (Professional feedback on your writing for free!)
-Gender Issues in Mentoring
-Media and Ministry
-The Leader and the Family
-Making Sense of the Emergent Church
-Pursuing Academics

Equally you will find encouragment along your journey, meeting other women who desire to cultivate their God-given gifts for His kingdom. It's not too late--there's still time for you to sign up! www.synergytoday.org.

No comments: