Thursday, January 08, 2009

Joy #30: Joy in the Psalms II

Keep soaking…


“Reveal your light and your faithfulness! They will lead me back to your holy hill…then I will go to…the God who gives me ecstatic joy, so I will express my thanks to you, O God.” (Ps. 43:3-4)


“How lovely is the place where you live, O Lord… I desperately want to be in the courts of the Lord’s temple. My heart and my entire being shout for joy to the living God.” (Ps. 84:1-2)


“The Lord loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwelling places of Jacob…I mention Rahab and Babylon…Philistia…Tyre…Ethiopia…It was said of Zion’s residents ‘the Sovereign One makes her secure.’ … As for the singers, and the pipers, all of them sing for joy within all your walls. (Ps. 87:1-7)


Why does God love the gates? It’s where all the people come in! Peoples of all foreign nations are living with Him in His eternal dwelling!


“It is fitting to thank the Lord and sing praises to your name, O Soverign One!... You, O Lord, have made me glad by your work. I will sing for joy because of what you have done!” (Psalm 92:1-5)


“Come! Let us sing for joy to the Lord! Let us shout praises to our protector who delivers us! Let us shout out to Him in celebration! For the Lord is a great God, a great King who is superior to all gods.” (Psalm 95:1-3)


Which of these expressions of joy in Psalms most speaks to your heart?

No comments: