Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Joy #29: Joy in the Psalms I

Let your heart soak in these words as joy bubbles out from the Psalms...

"Let all who take shelter in you be happy! May the ever shout for joy! Shelter them, so that they who are loyal to you may rejoice!" (Psalm 5:11-12)

"You lead me in the path of life; I experience absolute joy in your presence." (Psalm 16:7-11)

"I will triumph over my enemies who surround me! I will offer sacrificies in his dwelling place and shout for joy!" (Psalm 27:4-6)

"An evil person suffers much pain, but the Lord's faithfulness overwhelms the one who trusts in him. Rejoice in the Lord and be happy, you who are godly! Shout for joy all you upright in heart!" (Psalm 32:7-11)

"Shout for joy because of the Lord! It is good and fitting to offer Him praise. Give thanks to the Lord with a harp! Sing to him with instruments! Sing to him a new song! Play skillfully as you shout out your praises to him! For the Lord is just, and everything He does is good... We wait for the Lord; he is our deliverer and shield. For our hearts rejoice in Him, for we trust in His holy name... (Psalm 33)

There are so many more!

No comments: