Sunday, November 16, 2008

Scribbly and Dibbly

I must say I haven't felt much like writing this week as it seems lately like I spend every free moment just keeping up with the essentials.

Kathryn said to me this week,
"Mom, can you help me? I'm trying to draw a city but it's all scribbly and dibbly."

"What is the difference between scribbly and dibbly?", I asked.

"Don't know you, mom? Scribbly means lines that are messed up. And dibbly means dots that are messed up... It means the whole picture is yucky!"

I thought, "I know just what she means. All my lines and dots seem all out of order this week, too."

Please do pray for the girls and I this week as Jim is leaving tomorrow for the US for a conference and I do feel another sinus infection coming on... compliments of the coal heating plants which have kicked up in the last week. Either you freeze your buns off, or your breathe coal-saturated air. Which would you pick? Seems to me like both the dots and the lines in that equation are all messed up.

Not to end on a sour & grumbly (grumbly is somewhere on a continuum between scribbly and dibbly) note, I do have some beautiful pictures to post from a trip to the Fragrant Hills a few days ago... I will post those soon:)

No comments: