Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Freedom



















I love this picture. I captures that sense of abandon that we want to characterize our lives but sometimes fall short of. We look at young children and think, "I was like that once." Exhaustion, skepticism, sickness, crisis, fear, concern over others opinions of us, self-protection...there are a whole list of reasons we lack the zeal we desire. What about you? Are you free? Sometimes I ponder this question too... What would my life really look life if I was totally free to be the way God made me, with no sin? I'm not sure that I know!

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free!" But what kind of freedom is this? Not the kind we often imagine...free to do anything we want, any way we like, with no restraints. But free to live a life full of His Spirit, with overflowing spontaneous expressions of God-given joy! Freedom to love others without concern for our own welfare. Free to give and keep giving and give some more and find abundant resources always at our disposal. Free to be the voice and life of Christ outpoured into our needy world. Want to be free? Join me in praying that He will lead us on the path of freedom.

And then go outside and throw some leaves in the air! :)

No comments: