Saturday, November 01, 2008

As Promised

Here are the pics from our party last night. We started carving at 3pm...













Here I am with my future son-in-law. This began innocently enough, but Kathryn & Benjamin are quite determined! Unfortunately, our dear friends are moving in December :(



















How do you think they turned out? Ours is the one in the middle. You may notice they are not orange. Funny thing--you can only buy little orange ones here. There is a man who has been selling them outside the subway for the last 2 weeks. I asked Jim to pick one up on the way home from work, and he said when he arrived, the police were loading all his pumpkins onto the back of a truck! Illegal gourds, I'm sure. Later I asked my helper about them, and she said we didn't want to buy those anyway. She said they were the ones grown out in the farm plot in front of our apartment--only the ones they didn't want to use in their restaurant. I have no idea how she knew that, but she was right. All my other friends bought their pumpkins from him, and theirs were super thick and tough to carve!














We had 4 games. Well, 3. We cut off the last one when all the little ones started to get restless. Here is Kathryn in the cotton-spoon relay. Don't ask me how that game has anything to do with Halloween.



















In the end, the party was a success--though there were stressful moments trying to yell instructions to 20+ kids, ages 2-17, with a hoarse voice. Kathryn asked me if the next party we planned could have a bit fewer people... (Between all the kiddos and the parents and other friends, we only returned home with 8 out of 60 cupcakes!)














No comments: