Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Too Sleepy For a Creative Title" Post

I was planning to go to bed early tonight, but the guy showed up to fix our treadmill at 9pm. SO, I'm trying to keep myself awake. I'm glad they've finally come, except now there are no more excuses.

The high today was a wet and windy 53 degrees. Fall has arrived!

Kathryn and I made a mutual decision today that ballet class is not for her. I think I've learned my lesson now, as this is our 2nd attempt. I think the problem is not that her teacher speaks Chinese, but that Kathryn simply isn't a "follow the rules" kind of gal. She is a free spirit wanting to flit whichever way she pleases sort of dancer. So we talked it out, and I'm so glad we came to see eye to eye on the matter... Dancing however you want is fun, but it's not ballet. So we both breathed a collective sigh of relief and decided that art class might be a better fit! Here are a few pics from her brief stint as a ballerina.













As you can see, Ellie found other things more interesting from the very start!













On another sleepy note towards heading to bed, I promised the girls they could sleep with me tonight. Jim is out of town and they have been begging me to sleep in mommy's bed-- their friends get to sleep with their mommies when their daddy is out of town. I tried to explain, "Yes, but their mommy likes sleeping with little squirmy ones in her bed, and your mommy doesn't!" But I felt a bit guilty about saying that, and so tonight I gave in. Actually, this is the reward for not fussing when I took them to school today, so they earned it. Do you think anyone will really sleep?

OK, they finally left.
I'm off to gather my little chicks to the nest now.

Oh, and I was really hoping for some advice on the "This too shall pass?" post. Please do leave a comment if you have a suggestion!

No comments: