Monday, September 22, 2008

This too shall pass?

I'm sure every parent has had to do it. Yesterday was my turn. You know, wait for the swallowed object to come out the other end. I remember swallowing a tiny ball--I was old enough to be embarrassed over the resulting search. Or was it my sister? Anyhow, yes--one of my beloved children swallowed a small bead and came running to me in fear of her impending death. But now it has been a few days, and I'm not finding anything. Should I be concerned?

4 comments:

meh said...

If my kids ever swallowed anything, they never came to tell me about it. They are all still alive and kicking! I bet if it was a small bead without any lead in it, it will be just fine to not worry any more. Have you googled it to find out if there are expert opinions on this topic? Good luck!!! (:

Anonymous said...

My sons are just 4 years old and 17 months old, so I have this to look forward to. I think the "search and recovery" process is a task better delegated to dads...

P.S. I hope for a longer visit with you at some point in the future when our respective kids aren't hanging from our legs!

Tracie said...

Thanks, moms! Still no sign of it :) Jim comes home today so I think he can take over the search.

I'd like a longer visit too, Kelli!

Gina Marie said...

I swallowed a penny once and lived to tell. I didn't tell my mom until several days later, but she just laughed and said, "Well, I guess it's gone by now." I thought, "Where? Where did it go?!?" I wouldn't worry. :)