Saturday, October 17, 2009

Love My New Cup


I love my new coffee cup. I confess I paid an exorbitant amount at Starbucks to call it my own, but I had been eyeing it for weeks. It’s a lovely creamy brown background with modern-artish Fall trees and all the right tones of autumn—amber, chocolate brown, burgundy, gold… If I can’t see these colors out my window, at least I have them on my cup. Anyone else seen this cup in a US Starbucks, or is this just their Asia product line?


I even took about 15 pictures of my cup to try to convey its awesomeness to you, but I can't seem to capture it in a worthy way.


Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that it matters what’s on your cup? Who else out there would rather wash your favorite mug than settle for the Walmart cup already on the shelf? I admit it, there was something in my soul that believed that if I held this reflective scene in my hands during my first meditative thoughts of the morning, I would begin the day with the right frame of heart and mind.


I’ve had 5 days with my new cup. I sip slowly, so I find I carry it around the house with me past my shower, past breakfast, through homeschool, and even past lunch some days. It’s not really about the coffee. It just makes me smile to look at it.


Anyone else out there have a silly attachment like me? A special writing pen? A favorite chair? View out a certain window? A particular candle scent? Favorite musician? It’s OK—come on out and say it.

6 comments:

Gina Marie said...

I like it! Very cute. I never go to Starbuck's (gasp!) so I've never seen it. I thought of you the other day when I was out running, because the leaves on the hill that goes down to the canal path are changing color, and there are many red leaves for the taking. I wanted to bring some to you, but didn't know when I'd see you next. Maybe you'll have to come down for a walk.

Finished the half marathon today - slower than I thought, but I wasn't too surprised because I'm still getting over this cold. Glad it's done though and that I pushed myself to do it at all.

Robyn said...

I love your new cup, too! I have to confess that I've been eyeing a cup at Starbucks too- it has different colored leaves all over it, and I think it's beautiful. I love my blue and red starbucks mugs, that you have the same of. I love the shape of them, and the colors make me happy. So, I love your pic and your story. I think each of us can relate in some way. :)

Tracie said...

Gina-- yes, bring me some leaves!! So glad you got through your race, despite your cold! I'm sure you'll do another one, and top your own time :)

Tracie said...

Robyn-- I think I know the cup you're talking about... I like that one too! Get it! Get it! :)

Unknown said...

Tracie, so fun! I too have something to report...these two tiny red trays with a pretty floral pattern that I bought with you and Jamie on one of our last girls' outings in Dallas at a tea and antiques store. They were two of the only things that moved with us from VA b/c they were so small and light! They hang in my kitchen and make me smile with all their colors! :)

meh said...

I understand completely...I too have a very special mug, bought for me by my youngest daughter, and costing way too much for a mug. But I love drinking my Earl Grey from it!