Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter Lessons

You know what I saw in my heart this Easter season? I'd love to tell you about my deeply contemplative reflections on the wonder of Christ. Yet sometimes instead he reveals those things that keep us from going there. I learned (again...can't I get it down?) that self-driven expectations of making things charming and elaborate steal rest, meditation, and joy. Not that I can’t or shouldn't host, serve others, or prepare a warm environment for a holiday… In fact, we spent Easter lunch in our friend's home, bearing the blessing of her culinary and artsy gifts! Yet, not all gifts, nor all hosts, are created equal. If my spill-over stress robs me from serving joyfully and drawing myself and my family towards delighting in Christ during Easter, forget it. Yet striving for ‘Mary-like-sitting-at-the-Lord’s-feet’ in the midst of ‘Martha-like-ahhh!- guests-immanently-arriving’ is a balance I have yet to achieve! Words of wisdom anyone?

Here are some fun pics from our Easter celebrations:




































































I love the strike-a-pose look!



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the family photo...SO cute of all of you!
love, wendy