Friday, March 16, 2007

There Was a Time...

Since time feels like it's spinning out of control as we get closer to another international move, I feel like I need reminders. Reminders of "the way things were", even though they still are, even if for just a brief moment longer.





















Kathryn delights in being a little girl. Recently, this expresses itself in a love of pigtails. Glorious! I love them.

















This is Ellie's first time using "sissers". Hardly the sentimentality of her first word, but I cherish the few "firsts" that still remain--or at least it feels there are only a few left!
















And this one? Well, it reminds me that there was a time where Jim and I got away, to a quiet place, alone, thanks to my parents...-- Here's a night out at a fun Japanese Tepanyaki Restaurant! Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah and I just read an excerpt on a missionary named Isobel Kuhn who spent her lifetime ministering to the Lisu people of China. We were struck by the sacrifices she and her family made in order to share the love of Jesus with the Lisu in the early to mid 1900's. We decided to read your blog together and look at your family photos. We are praying for you all! (Sarah wants you all to know we just adopted a 6 yr. old black cat named Phoebe and that all three kids say, "Hi!" We love Kathryn's pigtails and Ellie's "sissers".)

Tracie said...

SO fun you and the kids read my random thoughts together! Isobel Kuhn has some great biography stories that really impacted me when I first lived overseas. Tell Sarah that Kathryn says she wants a cat, but mommy says maybe she can have a fish once we move to China instead.