Monday, August 22, 2011

Are Squirrels Intelligent?

After returning from our Colorado vacation and thinking about how much I enjoyed the hummingbird feeder, Jim bought me this bird feeder. I know this is a simple pleasure, I can't tell you how much fun its been to watch and see who comes to visit.



















Here is our famous local-- the Cardinal, and I believe the other is a goldfinch?














But let me tell you who else has been visiting:




















The sheer muscle strength to hold himself up in that position!















Not only has he consistently emptied the entire feeder within a few hours, but the other day he chewed right through the rope causing the whole thing to tumble to the ground. It seemed quite premeditated, I'm beginning to think that squirrels have a bit of intelligence??



No comments: