Sunday, December 19, 2010

Uncommon Christmas Songs Countdown #6

Last Christmas a friend introduced me to Andrew Peterson, which is the only songwriter in a decade who has rivaled my love for Michael Card. Honestly, I don't like very much Christian music. But these guys... they are chock full of scripture, and they know their own hearts-- rare combo!

This one is from Peterson's Christmas album called Behold the Lamb of God. My only concern is that I'm using all the best ones up and there are still 6 more days to go till Christmas!

Behold, the lamb of god
Who takes away our sin
Behold the lamb of god
The life and light of men
Behold the lamb of god
Who died and rose again
Behold the lamb of god who comes
To take away our sin

Broken hearts--behold our broken hearts
Fallen far--we need you
Behold the lamb of god

Chorus

Son of god--emmanuel
Son of man--we need you
Behold the lamb
The hope of man
Behold the lamb of god

1 comment:

Robyn said...

LOVE this song!!! By the way, in the background, singing harmonies, in the black shirt, is my former music director and his wife- Jonathan and Amanda Noel. They are amazing singers, and toured with Andrew Peterson for awhile. How funny! I saw the video thumbnail and thought, "that looks like Jonathan!!!" and it is!!! Such a small world!