Friday, March 26, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Well, my weekly "site reading" tells me that my visitors are down to a measly 3 per day! So, to my 3 faithful readers, thanks for hanging on:) It has been nearly 3 weeks, or I suppose exactly 3 weeks, since I have posted. Nothing long today, but just a few snippets to get my writing muscles back in shape.

-Jim's and my 2 week 'experiment' (thus my blogging hiatus) was really yummy for my soul. More on that to come.

-The day after that finished, I went to visit my dear friend Amy who lives in another city here in Asia, which we also happened to live in... 10 years ago. It was already Spring there! Great reconnection time (also with my first China roommate Tammy who lives there too) and thankful to be able to travel easily with the girls!

-That day we left, where you heard about sandstorms in the news... it really was that nasty. Came home to thick caked sand on the indoor balcony (The one with sealed windows!)

-Nana requests pictures, any pictures she says... but unfortunately I failed to snap a single shot on our recent trip. I do have some snowlady pics from the snow last Monday... and a few from the science museum last Thursday. Will get on that.

-After almost 3 years living in this city, I mailed my first letter from the post office today. Isn't that pathetic? Maybe it was former post office trauma from my early China years? There are always people traveling back to the US and to other cities, so I've always just found someone to carry mail for me. Actually, it wasn't even my letter, but I was helping a friend, or I never would have had the impetus to go. But I have to say, it was actually not stressful at all. So maybe you loved ones could actually receive a real letter, with a real Chinese stamp on it from us?!? Probably not :)

-Just finished a great SKYPE with my hubby, and he arrives home tomorrow night! The girls are sleeping with mommy tonight... And I'm headed to bed now.

-And yes, I WILL finish the soul care series!

No comments: