Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Sitting in the Kitchen

There haven't been too many "Bring Me to Jesus" posts this summer. There have been lots of pool scenes, mountain glories, and family reunion pics, but I have struggled this summer to articulate what is going on in my heart. After all, this is not just supposed to be an "activities update" blog. I would desire that it lifts your eyes up to see Jesus more beautifully, as I need that from you as well.

You remember the leaky faucet story? This continues to be the year of the wet socks. I am learning to listen to the leak, rather than using more caulk. It is messy. There is a flood on the floor. And no more dish towels to mop up the mess. But I'm learning to stop the frenzy to do more laundry. (If you're not following me, go back and check out the link!)

So for now, I'm trying to sit in the kitchen. Actually, I don't like the kitchen-- literally. I try to spend as little time there as possible. I'd like to switch metaphors to make it more comfortable, but the fact I don't like it also seems appropriate. This sense of "I'm-undone-but-not-yet-put-back-together" feels to be where I'm supposed to stay for now.

Maybe when our lives re-settle a bit, (i.e., when I'm on the same continent as my home) I'll have more to share about this journey. I'd like to push through the awkwardness, because our lessons along the journey are what we have to share with fellow travelers.

Yet for now, I'm sitting here. And Jesus is in the kitchen with me.

It is His mercy that we notice the leak.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Beautifully put, my friend. You do bring me to Jesus with what you write. So deep, so insightful. I need to write more that way, myself. Can't wait for you to return.

Anonymous said...

I love you, friend.

Unknown said...

Daughter,

And since when has God ever been afraid to get His feet wet with you.

Our backward thinking says you are "home" because it is where you are now! Kathryn would agree.

We anxiously look forward to having you at your pre-marries home.

I love your blog becauseyou are willing to listen to God and post His leading from your heart. You have always been able to write so well.

I am just being me,

Pags

Unknown said...

Married not marries state. The Aggie in me got to my fingers.

P

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

With you in heart and spirit and prayer.