Thursday, August 27, 2009

Life at 10,000 feet

Though we are now a month post-Colorado and on another continent now, I still have to share what a treat God dropped in our laps through our friends the Semmens who live in Fort Collins. We borrowed their mountain cabin for 6 days. I cried when we left. Don't know what came over me, but I so enjoy the delight of discovering new critters, the grandeur of a breathtaking waterfall, and observing the habits of morning hummingbird visitors! Here are some highlights:


























Though I typically think of the mountains as places of breathtaking majesty, this time I enjoyed observing the small-scale delights of nature just as much...

































Here's the biggest treat we found outside our window... Mr Moose came up CLOSE and let us watch him for 20+ minutes.












I LOVED the way the light reflected on these trees as the sun was setting...













A family picnic by the river...






































A few miles from the cabin was Pingree Park, the forestry extension campus of CSU. Some students actually get to attend college here! (Why didn't I go to school in Colorado, when I had the chance?)



















Another fun treat-- daily campfires with smores!






































We even camped out one night... I guess you couldn't call 50 yards from the cabin really 'roughing' it, but K had her fill. It was the only night it rained, and Jim was even was so cold he had to put on a sweatshirt that night!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Great photos, T! Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad to have you back, though!

Tracie said...

Thanks friend. Looking forward to more quality time with you soon!

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

Way to go for the Semmens!!!!! I'm so glad you had a beautiful wonderful time at their cabin, Trace!