Monday, July 06, 2009

Fort Collins Highlights I

Our first days here in Fort Collins, with more to follow:

After a quick settle, Jim's meetings began early morning day 2, and the girls and I headed for the mountains. I didn't have a map or a road to follow... just drive west and you run into them! Our first stop took us to Horsetooth Trail Park. I thought "park" meant, you know, PARK. It was really a hiking trailhead, which in hindsight, we were not prepared for. But zealous and delighted to be in nature, we took off down a path. Here's a view of Ft. C. down below...












K started snapping pictures of every flower she saw and I promised some could make it in the blog... (Can you see the bees?)



















The site of our picnic, the only shady spot in 2 miles, thus marking the end of our hike!



















The next day we took another path along Horsetooth Resevoir and enjoyed a Father's Day picnic. I have to say I was a bit annoyed that the State of Colorado thinks they own the mountains. Did you know you have to pay $6 to park anywhere along this road??!??














K & I hiked down to this rock... FYI, getting stuck by a cactus hurts, and leaves little bubble marks on your skin for a few hours.



















I always love these daddy-holding-daughter's-hand-from-behind shots.














Here's one from a similar picnic spot outside Ft. C., 4 years ago... that's little K!

No comments: