Thursday, March 06, 2008

Girls' New School

If you followed our school stories from last Fall, you will think that I am crazy for transitioning to another school. But we've found one much closer that is a big help to me in terms of transit time and we made the switch.

Chinese kids have the month of February off for the New Year festival, so Monday was the first day. But not only Kathryn started off to school Monday morning-- so did Ellie! My little Ellie! After I finally decided to send them to this new school, we started praying every night that God would give them a wonderful teacher (for Kathryn- one as great as Hu laoshi!) and that they would make some Chinese friends.

To be honest, it was mommy who was most anxious on Monday morning. After all, Kathryn cried everyday for 3 months at the other school. Well, the departure was not free from glitches for Kathryn, (Ellie, she set off playing the moment we entered her class and she never looked back) but the true test was when I picked them up. Kathryn ran out the door yelling, "Mom, I had fun! I want to come back tomorrow! I made some friends!" I'm so grateful!

Go figure-- in her old school, she had 3 other English speaking friends in her class, and she took forever to adjust to it. In this school, she is the only foreigner with no other English speakers, and she's having a great time! This seems a God-sized answered prayer to me!

(I should have some pictures to add-- especially for the sake of Ellie's first day of school--but I couldn't find the camera that morning.)

3 comments:

Ree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meh said...

I am so glad they had a great first day!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy the first day went well for both girls! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy a bit of free time for yourself. Also, the updated family picture is really nice!