Monday, May 08, 2006

Kathryn is beside herself with excitement. Not only is her Dress-Up, Tea Party 3rd Birthday Party Extravaganza this weekend, but honored guests Nana and Pags (my parents) are arriving the night before. She was a little concerned that we were not inviting boys to the party (because, of course, she wants to invite everyone she's ever met.) When I explained the boys just don't usually like tea parties, she pointed out that both Pags and daddy profess to be fans. She got me there.

So how do I explain to her why her whole family can't come?? After all, Nana and Pags are coming, so why can't everyone just hop on a plane for the big affair? Today she wanted to invite her little friend Makayla, who lives in China. She has a vague sense that China is closer to her home than the US, so surely Makayla can attend, right? "Makayla only has to take one plane to come to my house, but Nana and Pags have to take 3!", she tells me. This is one bright kid.

Another appropriate word you could use to describe this child is expressive. Whether she is elated, depressed, or flaming mad, there is no mystery. (Just like her daddy.) I marvel at her emotional awareness, as I was convinced I really didn't experinece negative emotions like the rest of humanity until I was about 22.

Stay turned for a full report on the grand festivities!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet of Kathryn! Fletcher said out of the blue two days ago, "I miss Kathryn Wallace." I told him I miss her too and her MOMMY!

Anonymous said...

Tracie, What a blessing to read the news letter and then be able to go to a blog and read more. It is great to be able to picture you playing with your girls, meeting your neighbors and seeing where you all live thru your wriitngs and of course your thoughts on your life and what is so important to you. Keep it up!! Gail Smith

Tracie said...

So great to hear from you, Gail. I'd love to hear what is going on in your life too!